Friday, July 18, 2008

Damn, Damn, Damn

Friday, July 18, 2008

I looked at my list last weekend, the one with my 100 perfect-man traits. It needed some minor tweaking and now I'm happy with it.

So, on Wednesday night I went out with a couple of girlfriends. I'd been home all week due to me having to inject myself at 8pm every evening, so I decided I needed some socializing. Sitting at the bar was a guy, whom for all intensive purposes, was MY perfect man...according to my list. I could check off many many pluses. It was too good to be true.

We talked, we laughed, we had a couple of glasses of wine (c'mon, I don't drink every night and this will hopefully be my last week TO drink for a while), then, just when I started to think he was a nice guy, he turned out to be slimy, for want of a better word. When I got up to leave and said thank you and goodbye, he offered to walk me to my car (what a gentleman).

He then offered to follow me home to "make sure I made it home safely"

"I think I'll be just fine thanks, I really only have a five minute drive"

I'm sure some of you are thinking "perfect Baby Daddy material", because it certainly crossed my mind, but in order for this to happen, I'd have to have unprotected sex with a complete stranger and this is not something I'm prepared to do.

THEN, he tried to make out with me!!! WTF

There were at least four other girls at the bar who probably wouldn't have said no to his romantic proposition, but he picked the wrong one. Sucka please...

Funny thing was, I asked him what my name was and he couldn't tell me. I don't get it, this is coming from a very successful, good looking man who is in his mid 40's. Nothing about him screamed inappropriate, or lacking in social skills, but apparently they were there, well hidden.

The Universe was SO close, so very very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment