Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Spanner

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last week, the Dr found a polyp in my cervix. I was there signing the forms for IVF, he was telling me how all my test results had come back fine, the ones that were supposed to be positive, were and the ones that were supposed to be negative were also. He was happy with everything and said he just wanted to do an ultrasound, so that he'd done everything by the book.

Well, the second he looked, he saw it...A POLYP. I'm not a fan of the word, to me it's like "moist", which is a word I never use and don't even like to hear!!! The Doctor told me it's probably been there for a while and it must be removed before I start IVF as it could hinder my getting pregnant.

Ummm, how long HAS it been there?
Why didn't the fertility Dr in the US tell me about it...EVER, not once? How did he not see it?
Is THIS the reason IUI didn't work?
GRRRRRRR

My nice doctor now, told me the surgery is quick and he will do it as soon as possible. The fact he only operates every second Friday, meant that tomorrow is the day. It's an "in in the morning, out by noonish, surgery" So, I will be up rather early to walk Ollie and be at the hospital at 6.45am.

I'll check back tomorrow afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment