Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What's wrong with this picture...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yesterday in the late morning, I received a text message from a guy I lived next door to in NY. Not in the apartment next door, in the building next door...we shared the laundry, us and the rest of the tenants in both buildings. He was coming to town and was I going to be at work because "they" would come and visit. By they, I presumed he meant him, his wife and their 18 month old daughter.

I used to see him outside on the street when I took Ollie out. He also has a dog, a silky terrier, so we'd walk the dogs down the street, or hang outside the buildings with the other dog owners. Not once did he ever mention a wife, girlfriend or partner. For the longest time (like 8 months) I thought he was gay...nothing wrong with it, just thought he was. Until one day I ran into him and his pregnant wife at the grocery store. He introduced us and I had to act like I wasn't shocked.

He walked into the store with his daughter and the nanny. We chatted for a while, he shopped (I don't let many people leave without making a purchase!), the baby ran around and the nanny talked very loudly in Spanish on her cell phone. He asked what's new and I told him I was trying to get pregnant. I have absolutely no idea what made me say it, and it's certainly not a secret.

I think I like the shock value...

The first thing out of his mouth..."I can help"

I laughed it off thinking he was joking. I mean he's married with a child, who does that? He let the nanny and baby walk out first and as he closed the door, he said "I'm serious". NO NO NO NO NO NO

An hour later, another text "ps, I'm clean".

This was getting creepy and I wasn't sure how to respond.

Then, later that evening "no response, I'm hurt".

I figured I had to say something, I mean, he HAD offered to have sex with me!!! So I replied with
"Sorry, I'm at a loss for words actually".

"These things happen"...what the fuck does that mean (oooh my first swear word here)? And then
"so, dinner next week?" I have yet to answer that gem.

So far my ex husband, an ex boyfriend, the husband of a friend of mine - she told me over lunch one day that she had told him what I was doing. He told her he'd give me his sperm. Her response, after she had composed herself, was that it was the funniest thing he'd ever said. Every time I think about it I laugh - and now this guy have all offered to donate to my cause and funnily enough, I don't want any of them to be my baby daddy (well, maybe one).

I do need to talk to him though, if for no other reason than to see what's going on with his marriage. I'm kinda nosy aren't I...

Doctor tomorrow. Apart from the blood test and ultra sound, he wants to talk to me about what my options are. I think he wants to be a bit more aggressive with the drugs and start injectables, which does not sound pleasant. I don't know much about it at the moment, so I'm not going to pretend, but I have a half an hour class on it while I'm there and will be able to fill you in when I get home tomorrow evening.

Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment