Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Therapy

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yesterday, I had my counseling session. It wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated, nor was it as long as when I went in Connecticut.

At the therapist in the US, I had to take a personality profile, multiple choice test, that took me no less than two hours and asked what I thought were the most inane questions. Here, the session took 45 minutes and she actually stayed in the room and talked to me!!!

After the initial "who are you" questions, she asked about

my family - they're all very supportive

my friends - ditto

how long will I do IVF for (how many times) - not sure...and won't know until I reach the point where I say "uncle"

would I consider donor eggs - yup, if IVF isn't working with my own eggs, sure...I just want to be pregnant

She didn't really like that I hadn't thought through how many IVF procedures I'm prepared to have. I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I don't want to have to think about having to give up. This is going to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment