Tuesday, June 30, 2009

and so it begins...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This morning I had a blood test to check that I had ovulated this month. I called at 2.15, when they told me they would have the results, and I had (ovulated), so I got to start my IVF drugs tonight.

I start with Synarel, which is in the form of a nasal spray. It's taken twice a day, exactly 12 hours apart, AT THE SAME TIME everyday. So, I decided that 7.30 would be optimal. I usually don't leave to take Ollie for a walk until just after 7.30am and I'm home at 7.30pm. If I'm going out, it's not normally til a bit later and I can always take it with me.

What Synarel does is it helps in decreasing the amount of oestrogen the ovaries produce. Which makes it easier for the Doctor to "take over" and control when to stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs.

The only side effect I can really find that women have complained about, is a headache for the first couple of months. I can (probably) deal with that.

I go back to the clinic on the 15th and will then add injectibles to my list...

This week I started working part time at Lululemon in Sydney. I really like the company and the way it's run and the friends I made when I worked at the store in CT, are some of the peeps I really miss. It's lovely though, I get emails from them regularly and feel as though I'm still a part of their team.
Please COME AND VISIT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment