Thursday, November 1, 2012

Weeks 15 and 16 - Or, I Can't See My Feet

Thursday, November 1, 2012
Week 15 was pretty easy. I had an appointment with my OB, had a scan and the babies are growing as they should.

15 weeks

 During the scan, my Dr asked whether I wanted to know the genders...HELLS YES.
The doctors here, in Australia are not allowed to tell the patient verbally before the 19 week scan as there is still the ability to have a termination. I am shocked anyone would terminate a fetus at 16 weeks because of gender, but that's me and apparently there have been cases.
During the ultrasound, he pointed out what I could look for. I definitely saw a penis on one of the twins, but the other was all hands and feet and wouldn't get into a position where we could easily see. 

S0, I was given two envelopes containing pink or blue sugar almonds which I carried, unopened, back to my office. I already knew one was going to be blue. Whenever friends have asked what I'd rather have, I've always said I don't care as long as they're healthy.

Clearly I did care because...






I wanted to cry. I have NO idea why because I am SO SO SO very happy to be pregnant and having,  not one baby, but TWO. I think I'd just always thought I would have a girl even though there is always a 50/50 chance I wouldn't!!! All my names are girl names.
I now have a new project...get together a list of potential boy's names.

Week 16 - starting to look less like I've eaten too much and more like I'm pregnant
 My next scan is the biggie...19 weeks. It's the 3D one where I will find out for sure what they both are. I seem to always be waiting for the next ultrasound.

N x

2 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Oh how exciting Nicki.
Congratulations - I remember waiting for the big scan to find out what Flavour twins I was carrying .
I saw the two penis' too , not easily missed if they are in the right position.
Bring on the 19wk scan .
Boys rock and wrestle ; ) but they are best little mates most of the time.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Sorry Nicky ...

Post a Comment