Monday, August 11, 2008

August 11th

Monday, August 11, 2008

Today, I think, the Universe finally aligned...

I got the support of one of my guy friends (I'll elaborate in a sec) and I was inseminated. This vial FINALLY had really good motility....best yet.

I had one friend whom I only told two weeks ago about this. We talk every day, but I only saw him for the first time in 5 months, a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to explain it to him face to face. So I did and he went away to process it....not that it was at all about him, but he needed to do his due diligence.

We haven't seen one another again, of course, and, like me, he wanted to discuss it next time he saw me. WELL, on Friday, his Dad was rushed to the hospital and he caught a 2 hour flight to be with him. Over the following days, I heard from him a couple of times, but I'm still not sure what condition his Dad is in other than "not great".

This morning, he sent me a text message saying he understands why I want to do it and he was more focused on his issues with it than on my happiness. He was all about the legal aspect and whether there would be any repercussions with the donor. I've explained all the facts to him and forwarded websites so he can see for himself that it's all "kosher". I'm not sure what clicked with him and whether it had to do with his Dad being so gravely ill, but he finally gets it and it really means a lot to have the support of ALL my friends.

I need a collective finger, toe and eye crossing please.

No comments:

Post a Comment