Monday, August 10, 2009

Lunch Date

Monday, August 10, 2009

I bit the bullet and agreed to meet a guy. I ran into a family friend last week...

"I know I may be speaking out of turn, but my daughter has a friend who is single and I was wondering whether you would mind me giving him your number? He's a guy you probably remember from school."

I did remember him and wasn't crazy for him then, but hey, what the hell.

He called, we spoke, I had to keep asking him to repeat himself because I couldn't make out everything he was saying, but I put it down to cell phones. It was, instead, a red flag!!!

We arranged to meet for lunch the following day, being Saturday. I knew I'd be hungry as I'd already been to a yoga class and walked Ollie to the dog park, which is a couple of K's. I was at the restaurant first and was sitting at a table outside when he arrived. It was another one of those meetings when I just know it's going to be yawning boring but hope I'm wrong...unfortunately, I wasn't.

He asked me about my time in The States and how I was liking being back. I STILL had to have him repeat himself because he mumbled. It was VERY aggravating. I tried to pretend I knew what he was saying, but this didn't work. I answered what I thought he'd asked me, but he kind of had a puzzled look...oops...

When I asked him questions about stuff in his life, he seemed to not want to answer. He's not shady, I think more that not much happens in his world. I'm not being mean, am I? This is the impression he gave me.

We ordered, we ate, he mumbled, I strained to understand him, I ordered a bloody Mary thinking it would help, it did, but not to make out what he was saying. It was boring. Thankfully the food was delish and no one I knew walked by.

NEXT...

No comments:

Post a Comment