Monday, May 3, 2010

Ready For Round Three

Monday, May 3, 2010


I got my period on Saturday and today, I re-entered the world of IVF. I walked into the familiarity of the Fertility Clinic, handed over my Medicare card, and found a seat in the waiting room, where I sat with single women, heterosexual and lesbian couples and waited for my turn on the blood test chair.

Then, as always, I was sent on my way...only to have to call for the results between 2.00 and 3.00pm. Well, at 12.30, I received a phone call from the head honcho nurse asking me to come back in because my estrogen levels were too high and they wanted to do an ultrasound. Sure, I'll be right there...thankfully I work five minutes from the clinic. Can you say CONVENIENT.

The ultrasound showed I have quite a few large follicles. This totally threw Nurse Caroline and called in another colleague, who looked at the screen and said "oooh."

This is synonymous with ovulation, not day three of a period. Everyone was perplexed, so I was sent on my way for the second time and asked to still call. Which I did and was told the Dr wants me back on Wednesday for another blood test.

Fine with me. Yesterday I asked for a sign. Is this it???

No comments:

Post a Comment